Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4938 Miles Traveled

Jan 19, 2010
Maui, HI
Mostly clear, some periods of cloudiness

Today was our free day, so it was less exciting than the last few days. I woke up late, took an intense nap, caught up on my reading, but two very important things happened today.
First, I bought a new suitcase. While not technically “smaller” than my old one, it is much lighter and much more squishable. More significantly, I got rid of about twenty pounds of stuff I didn’t think I would need, including my mosquito nets, my sleeping pad, my extra raingear, an extra towel and a book I was done reading.
Second, I had the most amazing shaved ice ever. I got “shark’s blood” (strawberry) and coconut flavored, with some delicious Kauai cream on top. It was the texture of snow, and all the flavors were handmade. As Mike and I sat enjoying our colorfully delicious snacks, an old man walked past and commented, “Hey! Those look great! Just like my last shroom trip.”

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a shark's blood shaved ice to attract the "right" kind of attention.

    ReplyDelete